10 year old wonder boy Tanishq Abraham of Indian origin became the youngest ever to graduate from US high school
It is indeed unbelievable to many, that a 10-year-old Indian-origin genius became one of the youngest ever in USA to graduate high school. Meet Tanishq Abraham, a native of Sacramento, California, who received his high school diploma at a private ceremony at California Auto Museum.
I have put a lot of hard work into this and I am very happy that I am finally graduating high school. My ultimate goal would be science, like Scientist or Doctor-Abraham
In kindergarten itself, Abraham realized that he had a special gift. He could read books that were meant for second and third graders and also able to do Maths like second and third graders.
- When he was just of 4 months, he would flip the pages of children’s story books and could answer questions on the stories and events in the books
- When he was 5 years old, he completed the Maths courses offered by Stanford University’s Education Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY)
- At the age of 6 years, he took on-line high school and college level classes in subjects such as Chemistry, Palaeontology, Biology and Geology
- His prodigious talent became even more evident at the age of 7, when he enrolled in the American River College and completed courses in Geology and Astronomy, emerging as the top student in both classes
- He was the youngest student ever to enrol in on-campus graduate courses in college
- He became the youngest person to discover astronomical bodies when at the age of 8, he helped to find two Supernovae, an exoplanet candidate and a solar storm in 2011
Abraham, who was home-schooled since the age of 7, passed a state exam in March that certified that he had met the appropriate academic standards to receive his diploma. Abraham is powering ahead, scoring well on the SATs and finishing up the community college classes he has been taking since he was 7-years-old. Abraham is going to finish his community college by almost next semester and then he will have his associate’s degree. Abraham said he would like to transfer to UC Davis to study medicine.
We just wish that all the desires of this little kid get fulfilled and he become an icon to the world in the days to come.